Thursday, June 14, 2012

In Search of the Colors (2008)

 
Click the image to view film

I made this film when I was attending UCLA Animation as an MFA student. I was fortunate to meet all these individuals with developmental disabilities at Alexander's House in the summer of 2007. In each one of them, I found beautiful dreams, colors, and a celebration of life.

A couple of days ago, I realized I never had it in a good picture quality online. I had a low res file on youtube when I didn't know how to properly compress the file back then, now I have finally uploaded this film with a good picture res on vimeo for the first time. Enjoy!

Synopsis
It is time to celebrate the talents and dreams of Alexanders Houses Family.
In this animated documentary film, Will Kim uses various hand-drawn and painterly animation techniques to tell a story of his own experiences from this home for people with developmental disabilities.
Film by Will Kim & Music by Kirin Kapin
made at UCLA Film&TV, Animation Workshop.
Permission of Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
©2008 Will Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment