Sunday, June 15, 2014

9th RCC Animation Showcase 2014

The 9th RCC Animation Showcase and the first 'Juried'/'Annual' Animation Showcase was a huge success, because of my students' dedication and commitment to their animated films. Each one of my students spent an average of 10 weeks to complete the films I am about to share with you below.
First of all, approximately 40 films were selected out of 110 submissions juried by my colleagues from Cal Arts and various independent and commercial animation fields, Andres, Sunha, Jian, Tae, and Hlynur. And among those selected films, 11 films were selected to receive the AWARDS. So here is a link to the playlist of all 11 award winning films from this year. 


Meanwhile, here is the film that won the biggest honor of the showcase, BEST IN SHOW.

Also, there were many many amazing films that got in to the showcase but didn't get awards and there were many many amazing films that didn't even get to be included in the show. So here is a youtube playlist to celebrate and recognize the rest of the films made this academic year in my classroom.

Click here to view the rest of the films. (Please note more films are to be added as I receive more during the summer)

Meanwhile, here are a few examples you can watch on this post.

& Mollie Ong's The Weaping Willow below.
 

Finally, on behalf of the art department at RCC and as the RCC Animation Showcase Director, I am so thankful and overwhelmed by all the supports we have been getting from the faculty, students, staffs, the community, and my colleagues. I think that's the reason why the animation program at RCC Art Dept continues to grow. Here are a couple of pictures taken by my student, Yukiko Kuno, at the showcase.

































No comments:

Post a Comment